Vacancy - ICT Support Technician
ICT Support Technician
|Salary||Grade 5 SCP 6 £19,171 to SCP 11 £21,166 Pro rata salary: £19,163 to £21,157|
|Start Date||1st September 2020 or sooner|
|Contract||1 year fixed term contract (in the first instance)|
|Hours||37 Hours per week|
|Hours of work||Mon to Thurs 8:00 to 4:30, Friday 8:00 to 2.45|
|Closing date for applications||12 noon on Monday 9th March 2020|
|Interviews||As soon as possible|
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic ICT Technician to support quality teaching and learning in our school. You will be responsible for assisting in the day to day running of the school network, associate devices and its users responding to first line support requests in a timely and professional manner. This post requires excellent trouble-shooting skills and an enjoyment in providing advice and support on the use of ICT hardware and software. You will work with the Senior ICT Technician, Business Manager and external support services to ensure our ICT systems are operational and the whole school ICT development plan comes to fruition. Your contribution towards our plans and its objectives will be rewarding and provide many opportunities for professional development.
- Support teaching and learning through effective use, and support, of ICT
- Provide support to staff, pupils and various stakeholders in person or remotely when appropriate.
- Resolve hardware and software issues with a timely and professional manner
- Troubleshoot requests and liaise with the Senior ICT Technician and external support services when encountering more complex issues
- Maintain the ICT Support helpdesk e.g. attend requests for support, ensuring timely resolution and updating the system with current progress and further tasks.
- Ensure ICT equipment is operational at the start of each day
- Perform routine maintenance and upgrade of ICT equipment
- Support the effective use of school hardware systems e.g. Workstations, laptops, photocopiers, printers, network equipment
- Image ICT equipment and connect them to the appropriate network with specified settings
- Setup and operate audio visual equipment for school events e.g. assembly, parents evening, presentation evening
- Provide training to staff on the best use of hardware and software
- Support the effective use of school software systems e.g. Windows 10, Office 365, Sims, Internet Filtering, Anti-virus, Active Directory
- Administer security systems such as internet, anti-virus and wireless filtering
- Data recovery: Restore files from backup or previous versions
- Install and maintain software, hardware, peripherals, cabling and components
- Assist with the creation of learning materials and presentations
- Advise on software and hardware solutions for the tasks at hand
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers for general ICT equipment
- Ensure the safe disposal of obsolete equipment, used consumables and waste materials in line with recognised procedures and legal requirements.
- To undertake regular stock checks and maintain an inventory if ICT hardware and software
- Maintain user accounts, passwords and permissions
- Maintain email accounts, distribution groups, address book, calendars
- To take part in personal and professional development opportunities.
- Keep abreast of developments in ICT
- Assist the IT Support Department and the school to meet the objectives of development plans e.g. IT Support Development Plan and Whole School ICT Development Plan
- Support ICT polices such as safeguarding and data protection
- To comply with and assist with the development of policies and procedures appropriate to the role.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Attend and participate in regular meetings
- Any other tasks as directed by your Line Manager or Headteacher which are appropriate to the post.
Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Engineering College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory medical clearance.
APPLICATION FORM - ASSOCIATE STAFF.docx
Popular 300.53 KB
NOTES FOR APPLICATION FORMS.pdf
Popular 723.81 KB
OLQP ICT Support Technician FINAL.docx
Popular 28.39 KB
Popular 114 KB
Popular 195 KB